Friday, October 2, 2009

My Dirty Pleasure...


When most people think of dirty pleasures, sweets, booze, cigarettes, any number of things come to mind. My dirty pleasure is the climbing wall. Knowing full well that I have at least 3 more months of rehab before I may make a full return to sports, I still went for another workout this morning.

I fear that if this becomes an epidemic I will set back recovery even further. Self-control is a virtue I must learn.

The all to familiar feeling of chalk clogging my pores and the snug fitting shoes, I ambled around a few bouldering problems this morning. After half an hour climbing, and a little exploring I stepped further into the gym and did a couple of plyos, reminding me of how much I miss training with Pep.

I have a thing for sounds, the sound of snow crunching under my skis, ice cutting under my blades, the clanking of carabiners, the endless hum of tires meeting concrete under my bike. These are a few of the things I miss the most. I welcome christmas with open arms, that Is the day I return to "REAL sports".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, Thank you for reading.