Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Competition...



At the current moment I love two things,
A) To take pictures and B) To compete in sports.
At the current time I'm still unable to compete, albeit; I dream about it day and night. To dawn the colors representing my country is the ultimate honor an athlete can achieve, besides standing on the podium with a medal in hand. Nothing I have done to date compares to the thrill and anticipation of a race or a game. Facing off against another fierce competitor, it all comes down to who is better prepared for battle. Unfortunately I have a ways to go yet before I am recovered and can begin my full-time training. I live in a city that revolves around sport. My heart and my desires lie in my ability to perform.
Today, tomorrow, and everyday forthwith I will be competing with myself to learn self-control. When I should lay down the racquet, take of the skates, pass on a beer...
The day I master my self control is the day I become unstoppable. That is the same day I don't let my meager social life impede the reason I'm here on earth. The hardest thing in life is separating the things we think matter, and choosing to stay focused on our goals. Countless times I find myself getting lost in my own sorrow and feeling sorry for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, Thank you for reading.