Saturday, September 19, 2009

My House...

I have three new roommates. As Cameron and I say, "We're batting .500" (Sports Terminology). Two of our roommates are gay. I'm neither homophobic or uncomfortable around them. My hometown is very accepting of all walks of life.

Growing up, my father raised me under "Saskatchewan Rule", this means everyone stands up for those who can't or won't. In my building we have these young punks who call themselves "406" who still have the grade 12 high school mentality.

There have been numerous complaints about smoking in the building, among other things. However, last night a group of my girlfriends and I chose to go to the gay bar and go dancing. Coming back into our building, a pack of eight or ten of them is standing outside smoking and chooses to start chirping me about going to the gay bar. How would they know we went?

I'm a lover not a fighter, I have poetry on my bedside table. BUT, and this is a resounding BUT. GAY BASHING IS INCREDIBLY DISRESPECTFUL. Had I a couple of able bodied friends, excuse my language, we would have beat the shit out of those kids, and enforced "Saskatchewan Rule". Don't mess with my house. There are only so many shenanigans they are aloud to pull on my floor before someone needs to put them in their place and remind them they aren't in high school any more and we're adults.

I'm sorry for the angry post but! I needed to vent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, Thank you for reading.