Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Grey Day


Today I woke up, stretched and felt at odds with the world around me. I looked outside and saw a dark dreary grey day. I couldn't help but feel as grey inside as it was outside. Regardless, of how I felt in that instant I knew the day would pick up. I would see a smiling child or a happy couple and be reminded of why I am here on this earth.

I got dressed in my most comfortable jeans (khaki Levi's, they fit just right) and in my favorite cowboy shirt. On the outside i was dressed for success....yet still feeling blue.

Looking good feels good, fake it until you make it right?

I throw a new mix onto my ipod and eclectic mix of Bon Iver's for Emma, forever ago (for the lonely), Eminem relapse (for the angry), and finally some Colby Callait (for the happy).

As i walk my usual walk to get to work I'm reminded of how much it feels like fall time. I get a rush of emotion, the sights and smells reminding me of the impending school year. I'm looking forward to it with timid apprehension. Does that even make sense? Well there you have it....It is early August and fall has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, Thank you for reading.