Friday, August 28, 2009

Calling My Soul


Some days I awake with a feeling that I'm missing something. As if I have a hole in my toes and the very essence of my being is leaking out. The black sand leaking out shimmers with tiny diamonds catching the light dazzling my sight.

My heart is unfulfilled like a sugar craving gone wrong, or a poorly received hug. My over active, over analytical brain hums like a computer plowing through files searching for glitches. I'm fine, there is nothing wrong, but lots missing.

A calling is the sense that you are on this earth for a reason, that you have a destiny, no matter how great or small. A calling is a sensation or intuition that life wants something from you. I can give meaning to the smallest acts and helps create a strong identity. If you have a reason for being, you don't feel entirely aimless. You know who you are and what to do.

I have a calling, there is something missing in my life. I must always follow my passions, which are, writing, photos, children, and making a difference.

Tomorrow is a new day, if I can do three things every day towards reaching my goals, in one year I will have taken 1,095 steps towards my wildest dreams.

My Inspiration for this piece was Thomas Moore. I took this picture specifically to symbolize where or how I think my life will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, Thank you for reading.