Sunday, August 23, 2009

Impending Maturity


Over the last couple of years my quest to find "myself", as well as become mature and avoid becoming my father, has taken me to different countries, seminars, friends. I've been looking for a catalyst in my life that would help me expediate that process. It comes in the shape of text books. Finally, I have been accepted to a full university and get to follow in the footsteps of each and every member of my family.

I wonder, how will I measure up in 4 years time? Will I want to pursue an MBA like my father? I doubt it. I want to design gardens and parks in North America that are so abundant in Europe and even South America. We lack the character and heritage that those older cultures have.

I'm terrified of taking this step to a new school. I think it is more a fear of the unknown, than apprehension of having to put myself out there and build a new life. I'm truly excited to have a new start. I get to create myself to be whoever I want. No one will have any preconceived ideas of who I am or who I am supposed to be. This is my chance to become the person of my dreams.

As for what do I want to study right now? I have no idea I think that the fact that I'm in school is enough. I will figure out what I want along the way. I would love to take literature, I love reading, love literature, and writing. If I have it my way I would be a glamour photographer/Writer/Landscape Architect. Thats quite the career eh?

It is such a shame that english literature is one of the most profound degrees out there yet you can use if for so little, It should be the other way around. Regardless, I'm in both a poetry, and young children's literature course. I can't wait!!

Here is to taking chances, making mistakes, and getting messy.

P.s. Mom/Dad I love you and this would never have been made possible if you were not in my life and the most supportive people I have ever met.

A parents love for their child is unfathomable.
(photo from restart my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, Thank you for reading.