Sunday, August 9, 2009

Best of Intentions


My heart is racing, my blood is pumping, my heart is hollow and I have butterflies ricocheting around my stomach. My head is spinning and going crazy. What is on my mind is, how and why relatonships go wrong. Who am I as a person, that lets them get to a point where the relationship is unworkable, irreparable, damaged, and broken.

Me, myself, I don't think I'm a bad person, vindictive, dangerous or out to hurt anyone. I get confused, lost, and panic.

My major fault as a lover, companion, and trusted partner, is I get selfish. Somehow, somewhere along the course of romance I get lost. I tend to forget why we are together, I get to comfortable with what is and don't pay attention to what could be or
should be.

I'm supposed to be romantic, and a gentleman (I pride myself with that). I write love letters, I give flower, I give gifts from the heart, I'll cuddle to your hearts delight, I actually listen and remember important events and details....but I'm selfish. I lose myself in my own life and forget what my purpose is. Is that fair to you? NO!

Women deserve to better. But, what is better? Is better a fairy tail (which I happen to believe in) that only exists in the many chick flicks that I pore over? How can I grow to be the man of your dreams? The man who is worthy of your love, or better yet a man worth getting
to know.

Will I end every relationship with you despised or even repulsed by the very thought of me? I think NOT. This is in my control. With the passing of every relationship i seem to buff up a part of my essence and soul. Forever and ever hoping that the next time I will be chivalrous and remember all of these thoughts I am having right now. That, I will be the right man for her. Romantic,Strong, Confident, Passionate, Intimate, Humble. Those are all traits I aspire for.

The next one will be the one... All I ever have is the best of intentions

-Man In Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, Thank you for reading.